The NCLA operates on two fronts to fulfill its mission. First, the Alliance works to educate and mobilize members of the participating chambers of commerce, Upstate Colorado and NCEA on regional, state and federal policy, regulations, and legislation that affect their ability to succeed.
Second, the NCLA ensures it has a strong presence at the State Capitol and other applicable arenas to assist legislators, the governor and other elected officials and policymakers in making decisions that are in line with the NCLA’s policy statements and priority agenda.
In order to meet both of these objectives, the NCLA:
- Communicates the Alliance’s positions to area elected officials, legislators, the governor and his administration, Colorado’s congressional delegation, and other policy makers.
- Holds approximately 18 board of directors meetings annually.
- Meets with regional organizations annually to assess their needs and identify possible joint efforts.
- Drafts priority agendas and updates policy statements periodically and annually communicates priority issues to legislators and other decision makers.
- Hosts events to thank local and state elected officials for their service to the region and to keep them abreast of the Alliance’s activities.
- Holds a Regional Issues Summit before the session to bring focus to issues important to the two county area.
- Issues calls to action to its members requesting they take action on a priority issue with the potential to affect Northern Colorado’s business climate.
- Produces materials to inform chamber members on issues important to their business.