We believe it is imperative that all public policy considerations be directed toward maintaining or enhancing the vitality and viability of Colorado businesses. These businesses are the heart of Colorado’s economy and the foundation of a sound and healthy government.
Business Vitality First creates:
- Revenue for Education
- Revenue for Energy Solutions
NCLA Policy Priorities Include…
- Transportation Funding:
- Secure $965 million to widen I-25 to three lanes each direction between US 14 and US 66.
- Advocate for improvements to US 85 and US 287.
- Protect SB 09-228 to retain dollars for transportation while continuing to pursue additional funds for transportation projects.
- Support increasing water storage capacity of Northern Colorado, in particular, the development of the Northern Integrated Supply Project and the expansion of Halligan and Seaman reservoirs.
- Support and encourage economic growth in the innovative and traditional energy economy.
- Support a strategy to create a stable funding model for education.
- Influence key issues that impact business:
- Support elimination of business personal property tax.
- Maintain the integrity of the workers compensation system for Colorado businesses.
- Maintain the viability of enterprise zones as a job creation tool for Colorado.
- Support efforts to find early stage capital for entrepreneurs in Northern Colorado.
- Support reform efforts to streamline state government by eliminating duplicate or unnecessary government regulation.